View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 07:12 AM
DonnaFreak

Default It's FINALLY Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy y'all

After nearly six months of dealing with slowly buying and refinishing what I needed, finishing my wall hanging, and dealing with health issues, I have FINALLY got my sewing room re-done!!! GOOOOOOOOO ME!!!

I'm only going to show y'all a few of the "before" pics. I won't torture you with more than that. But needless to say, they fully explain why a re-do was needed! The desk with the computer you see in the pics was taken out of the room to allow me to have nothing but sewing furniture in there.....except for the small chest freezer which has to be in there because there's simply no where else to put it. LOL!

I bought the 9-cubby shelves, a 4' X 8' melamine board, the 25-cubby shoe rack, and the melamine stripping for the edges of the board when I got my taxes back in February. Someone posted their pics of one they had made like it on here last year, but for the life of me I can't find the pics to give them credit! I had the board cut into one piece that was 3' X 4' for the top of the cubbies, one piece that was 4' X 4' that I mounted on a vanity for the sewing table, and the other 1' piece was used for making a wall shelf. The vanity I found on Craigslist for $25, the dresser (which holds all my denim and upholstery fabric) for $35, and the white wall cabinet for $10! The old sewing table which now holds Miss Fanny, the Featherweight was a previous Craigslist find for $40. Oh.....and the entertainment stand between the 2 sewing tables was bought previously at the local peddler's mall for $20 and converted into my ironing center.

Anywho.....I am SOOOOO relieved to FINALLY have it done! It's a small room so it's crowded, not everything totally matches, but it's now organized and it's mine!
Attached Thumbnails before2.jpg   before5.jpg   before6.jpg   after1.jpg   after2.jpg  

after3.jpg   after4.jpg   after5.jpg