View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 06:46 PM
vdot

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
White VS1 bobbins are NOT interchangeable with Singer VS machines for sure. I do not have a White VS2 to compare with but I believe they are similar to the White VS1 and so would not be compatible either.
Thanks, SteveH. Of all the sites I've found any info on the White VS's, you seem to know the most about them. Mine seems to be a little bit of a hybrid...though original. It has the circular bobbin winder frame, and it drives via a rubber ring directly off the Hand Wheel (vs the drive belt). It has no inspection plate on the front left side, and the Serial No is not pounded into the cast housing (under the bobbin winder like others), but just stamped into the back shuttle race cover plate (behind where the presser foot lands). It has the stitch length adjuster as a brass wheel in the base down below and near the bobbin winder assembly, and the little metal plate around it is not marked (like others), but instead the brass wheel itself has numbers from 0 to 9 stamped in it.

I saw two posts on this site which you commented on (including this one) where someone appeared to have a VS-2, and mine looked similar (but with some of these differences) to both of them. Interestingly, the Serial number on mine was about mid-way between both of them, and the changes were not all kept in later model VS-2's. So it appears they were either using up parts they had left over, or they were experimenting on production models during this timeframe.

What do you think about all this?

Thanks again, Dave.

BTW - If you know anywhere I could get a shuttle, I'd really appreciate it, as without one, this unique machine is a big paperweight.