View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 09:59 PM
QuiltnLady1

Oh do I feel your pain!!! When I moved out of our house in May/June, DD and DSIL came and started packing my fabric. DSIL decided that I don't need to insulate the new garage (I had done the old one), just stack the fabric in plastic bins along the walls. Too bad he didn't realize that I had hired the neighbors grand children to help pack the bulk of the fabric. He was complaining about 20 boxes -- I think I was over 50. I had good intentions of going through it and giving the "why did I buy this" fabric to church for charity quilts, but didn't have time so that is what I will be doing when I unpack. In my old house, I had a kitchen's worth of cabinets in the laundry room and 2 linen closets full of fabric now I don't have those kinds of spaces so I am looking to maximize every inch of my sewing room. I would love to use the closet for fabric, but the master bedroom closet is so much smaller than what we had before that I am going to have to use at least part of the closet for hanging. When we move into the new place, we will be initially staging the boxes for the kitchen/dining room in the sewing room -- hopefully I can get it all unpacked quickly but I am really concerned about having room for everything in those rooms too. Sigh -- I am both anxious to get out of this motel and not looking forward to the job ahead.