View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 07:31 AM
soman2

Default Singer 128 still on the job.

Hello all,

Recently my sister asked if I would help with a soldiers quilt. Next month 161 troops will return to La/Miss and several organizations and quilt shops have spearheaded the project to provide each returning soldier with a "Thank you for your service" quilt. Being a vet myself, and a rookie quilter and machine collector(26 in the fleet),I said it would be an honor and a quilting experience. I followed the instruction sheet supplied as to dimensions and it was to be red, white and blue for the most part and I took the liberty to pick the fabric, backing and trim myself. All sewing was done on my 128 centennial and the binding was machine sewn on the front and hand stitch on the back. I have a little over $100 in material and just at 40+ hrs. putting it all together. I picked yellow binding remembering the Tony Orlando song "Tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree" My sister does not like to be photographed and is about a foot shorter than I am and decided to hide behind the quilt.. This is my 3 rd. quilt and will start one for my granddaughter to put on the Murphy bed I am currently building for her. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Rodney in Ponchatoula, La.
Attached Thumbnails img_6471.jpg   dsc_6702.jpg   dsc_6703.jpg