Thread: Quilt of Valor
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Jennie and Me

First off, I want to thank each and every one of you for your lovely compliments. They warmed my heart and made me feel so humble. While I am excited to present this quilt to Rod and the pillow to Ada, I am also dreading it. I would really like to do this in private as I know that there will be tears. But I also know that some of my family would want to be there. I guess I will just have to let it play out however it's meant to be.
I spent my summers staying with them when I was growing up. Ada is like my second Mom. I love them both so dearly. And I am so proud of Rod. We were a family of 12, so you know that we were very poor. Rod only had a seventh grade education, but that never stopped him. He has excelled in everything he's done in life. He is one of my true heroes. And Ada was right there by his side, helping. They are true roll models in every aspect of life...marriage, work ethic, and just caring for others.
Sorry for too much personal information, but I want you to know that these gifts that I give from my heart are so well deserved.