View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 02:55 AM
Sandygirl

Congrats!!

My 2 cents. I have been in 10 weddings. I was the last to marry in my circle of friends. I had my wedding planned in 3 weeks then enjoyed the next months not worrying about a thing. I Kept the price down, had 150 guests and I enjoyed the day. I had a traditional church wedding and a public country club reception. You would be amazed at what I ended spending. It was very reasonable. It can be done with careful planning. If that is the goal. Your choice.

Keep it simple. Make a realistic budget. Who is paying for what? Don't get sucked in to "trends" . You don't need "party favors". IMHO. I personally hate "save the date" notices. Why waste the $$ and postage. Your friends and relatives will know the date once it is set. News travels. Start pricing then booking the reception place. They fill up early. Assuming the sky (money) is NOT The limit, sit down and talk about the plans, budget, and wish lists.

RESPECT the place of worship if they are going to marry in the church or synagogue, etc. (sic). Abide by the tradition of the sacred place of worship. I have dealt with bridezillas who wanted to use our church for their ceremony and disrespected the traditions and the clergy. Go get married in a park or hotel, etc if you are not going to follow the protocol. I could go on and on. But I won't. I assume that your couple is civilized and respectful.

There are great checklists in the bridal magazines and on wedding.com.

Enjoy the ride!
Sandy