View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 06:28 AM
pegquilter8

OK here goes. Even with quotes in writing, I still got SCR..... She had 5 quilts that her Gran had made,even a couple that she had sat at her feet in Gran's quilting group. But one...in pieces that would need assembling and stitching to foundation. Mostly hand pieces dresden plates.
The deal. Turn all the squares into quilts she could give to sons and sibs. Okay 5 in pieces, but blocks done. okay #6 actually in parts. What a challenge. I needed to purchase sashing fabrics, batting and backings.
I quoted prices for each, the went on to finish them all in a month. Sent pictures as progress made and prices each time of finishe product.
So ready? Mailbox full, accepting no mew messages. Mailed at least 10 cards, explaining that I want my money. My expenses about $700.00. Paid out a little at a time yes but it is still quite a bit of cash.
NO responses. My last card was 6 months ago when I told her that I would be selling the lot (5) for $1500.00 and she could have back the pieces of Dresden squares.
So make sure you get a very hefty down payment, at least half. so you have something. Document each step and correspondence.
Good Luck.
I for one have learned my lesson. Never aain without 75% up front to cover my expenses. Peg