View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 07:05 AM
ManiacQuilter2
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
I've been a quilter for a few decades and I've seen pretty much everything in my quilting career. What baffles me, however, is that certain patterns or techniques just intimidate the living daylights out of me. I don't know why. They just do. For me, it's the Bargello quilt technique. I'll leave it to those are good at it. Yep. It's Bargello. How about you?
Hi jclinganrey. Dear Jane scares the willies out of me !! There is no reason to fear a Bargello. Have you done a Trip Around the World?? That is basically what a bargello is but with the various widths thrown in the mix. I have to say that a design wall comes in pretty handy. I am disable with limited motor skills so I make sure I have ever row marked. Many patterns come with an outline design so you know where to put what where. There is a simple bargello pattern called the Bargello Book by Piecemakers (Costa Mesa). My quilts are photographed in that book. There is a very simple lap quilt that any quilter especially you could make. The hardest part is picking out the 12 fabrics. But then we go back to the Trip Around the World. Those fabric go from light to dark and so do Bargello. I am sure if you stopped by their store, they would be delighted to help you. You will find that piecing this quilt is as simple as baking a pie. I am sure you are better at that than I am.

There are a lot of us skill Bargello piecers that would be delighted to help you get over your fears, We are always here and waiting to help you. PM me. I am just over those tall mountain east of you down the 15 frwy!! I finished this a few weeks ago. I am currently sewing on the binding to the back.
Attached Thumbnails bed-runner-start.jpg  

Last edited by ManiacQuilter2; 08-08-2014 at 07:08 AM.