Old 08-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Monale

Default Stocking up on fabric... and a photography tip

I am a beginning quilter with limited resources, so my stash is not very big (yet?). Looking at it lately, I especially figured that I was really missing solids! So I went (online) shopping and bought a bunch of coloured bed sheet fabrics . They turned out to actually be better quality than I expected, and only the top one's colour is not quite what the online picture suggested. Never mind! As my stash is almost entirely autumn coloured, so are my latest babies:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486837[/ATTACH]

BTW: If anyone is interested, I'd like to share what I discovered when taking the picture of my new stash additions. I was not very pleased with the first few pics I took - both with and without flash, the colours just didn't look as in reality. However, when taking a closer look at the menu of my camera, I found a setting called "white balance". It was set on automatic, but playing around with it a little allowed me to take a picture that I would say brings out the colours pretty much as they look in reality! But maybe you're all experienced photographers and knew that long ago... I just discovered it today although I own this camera since a couple of years
Attached Thumbnails img_1329.jpg