Old 08-09-2014, 08:38 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Sad news indeed Mirabelle and Ansel. I am sure they will be missed.

Ok, what lovely beginnings to your Mini quilts just to 'tease' us....I have learned new respect for your Mini creations and the time it takes to do one.

I am doing sweet corn today. DH is letting me so slow and do it all my way. . . the right way. I am just blanching the ears and freezing them. They will taste like they came in from the garden patch this winter.. No, we did not grow it; my favorite sweeet corn farmer did. It tastes incredible therefore its name...paid for nine dozen and he gave me almost twelve dozen.

Dh is doing it again...when he is in charge, he does things his way, sometimes just to spite me and show me he can even though we have discussed otherwise. He threw away my four wonderful beets from the garden on the West counter, like he did a fresh frozen chicken and rack of pork ribs earlier this summer. He was 'cleaning up' both times and lacked the time to 'wait' to check with me. I fail to understand the 'why' of it, when I bend backwards just to please him. I even had moved the meat to the middle island and he moved it back and then threw it away. I totally hate such waste of good food... and his ham and beans are cooking on the stove while I process the corn...I will not stoop to his level of thinking...I fail to understand his way of thinking...if you can call it thinking.