View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 10:52 AM
roguequilter

these are very cute! i made chalk board fabric books for my grdaughters two years ago for christmas. we had a wonderful time with them. i put their names on the covers, pockets for the chalk and vinyl lined pocket on back cover for damp cleaner thingys i made to wipe the pages clean with. it was a kit from nancy's notions & i modified it. she sells the chalk board fabric by the yard also. i plan to make a "scroll" next, that we can all three of us roll out on the floor and draw pictures together. other than smell, which disapated quickly, this stuff is fun & easy to work with. this pic is the books open showing the front & back covers. the pages were two sided. made of chalk board fabric backsides together bound w double fold binding. pockets w zippers. i wouldn,t buy a kit again...the materials are easily found in my sewing notions & fabric stash. and it's cheaper to buy the chalk board fabric by the yard. the mesh i would just cut up a laundry bag. there are also tutes on the web using old hardboard covers from childrens books.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by roguequilter; 08-09-2014 at 10:58 AM.