Old 08-09-2014, 02:19 PM
CarolinePaj

Hi Stella,

I bought it at the NEC yesterday. I bought the Pfaff Powerquilter 16.0. I went to The Cotton Patch stand tried both the Sweet 16 and the Pfaff. The Pfaff seemed to have a smoother stitch to me..... but I think it was just my preference. The cotton patch are selling off the models that are being used for the classes at the NEC at the end of the festival, I think that they are offering a £350 discount, but DH said that he preferred that I get a new one.

Anyway, the cotton patch are offering a package of "over £100 of accessories" on the Sweet 16 but not the Pfaff. They are also quoting 3 - 4 weeks for delivery...... I didn't want to wait so I went to the Pfaff stand and told them what Cotton Patch were offering and said that I would buy the Pfaff if they gave me a deal.... so they did.... they offered me £100.00 of accessories of my choice and they are delivering in a week. So I bought it.

I think that you could put this machine on a frame.... I have a Gracie II and I will try her on the frame.... I'm sure it will work fine which would turn your frame into a longarm (well almost) I think you would definitely be able to do 10 - 12 inch blocks with this set up.

Anyway, that is my story.... let me know what you decide!

Hugs

Caroline

Originally Posted by stella63 View Post
Are u getting it new? I'm at the nec quilt show this weekend and have been looking at the long arm (I have Janome 1600pqc on a frame soooo frustrating having to do 5" or less) they start the long arms at £8.500. (Those that go on a frame)