View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 06:54 AM
DustysMomma

I am slowly doing repairs to a winter parka for a friend, who paid a seamstress shop way $20 to replace a broken zipper, and 3 weeks later, got it back with an uneven zipper. "While you have it, can you replace the drawstring at the waist?" I needed a 6" width of slick lining fabric yesterday, so I went to the only place in town, Hobby Lobby. While I'm standing at the cutting table waiting for my $.42 purchase to be cut, we're talking about the fabric moratorium, and the sales lady says "Well I won't tell you we just added a remnant section then."

Well you can guess where I ended up. I controlled myself though. There was a bolt of fabric that caught my eye as I'd walked toward the fabric section, black with all sorts of whimsy teapots on it. I found a 3/4 yard piece of it, 40% off. That's the only piece I bought, but I could have bought 10 other things.

I had a coupon for 40% off any regularly priced item, which saved me $0.17 on the lining fabric, and walked out of there for $2.54. Definitely my cheapest trip to Hobby Lobby's fabric section ever. I stayed away from the holiday fabrics!