Thread: Xmas gifts.
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 11:50 PM
QM
Power Poster

I've completed 3 Christmas presents: bed quilts for grands and a crazy quilt for DH (who is wild about it). The crazy quilt took Best Handwork last week. Picture later. I am planning a purse and table topper for friends. I have a very complex lap quilt begun for my DDiL. For another friend I am working on a wall hanging of St Francis' Vision. I started that about 1 1/2 years ago before I got really sick for about a year. Probably potholders and placemats for others. Unfortunately, I have lost enough family and friends that the gift giving is somewhat limited. I have 4 quilts ready to be given to kids in out of home placement and older adults living in low income housing. Most years, I have my Christmas work done by August, so I feel WAY behind. I got the blocks finished for a scrappy quilt today. I have designed a stars and stripes QOV that I hope to get to fairly soon. I know we have many veterans in need of them in my small community. A few years back, I donated some quilts to be given out carefully at the soup kitchen to people in real need of them. One went to a legless Nam vet to keep his stumps warm. He said the horse I'd appliqued on it reminded him of the horse he'd left behind. DH and I got all teary over hearing that.

Last edited by QM; 08-10-2014 at 11:52 PM.