View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Grandma Mary

I'm from GR, and we have several places you might want to check out. First, my favorite...home away from home is the Queen Bee Quilt Shoppe in Cutlerville, a suburb of GR. It is a homey, friendly shop, with fabric, patterns, hand embroidery, etc. and is filled with samples and examples of the patterns. Tell them Mary sent you. They'll know who I am! Heres a link to their shop. They just moved so if you google their shop the info on the search page gives the old address. Go to this following link and it has the new address listed. They're actually on the same street, just a .2 mile north of their old shop, on the same side of the road.).
http://www.queenbeequiltshoppe.com
Also, be sure to stop by at the Attic Window in the northwest part of town. They have a good selection of fabric, and friendly staff. Don't miss the Smith Owen Sewing Center, that is on the northeast side, and they offer a unique selection of fabric. There are four Fields Fabrics in the area. (I don't know if CA has They have a huge collection of fabrics, and great sales. If you're interested in driving toward Lake Michigan, be sure to stop in Holland Pressing Matters. You can definitely fill your days with fabric fun! Enjoy! GR is a great city with many activities going on all year!