Old 03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by helenrhoades
I wonder if it is possible to do iron on transfers rather than screen printing? It would be a lot cheaper and easier. I hope you can pull this off, I would LOVE to see a Zelda quilt!
Two problems with that.

One: The printer isn't working so I couldn't print the islands onto the transfers

Two: Islands might be too small to cut out. ...still haven't figured out my sizing just yet. H***, I just might decide to make it exceedingly huge so it covers the entire wall and looks like that world map on the Pirates of the Carribean movie the map maker was inking...talk about putting new meaning to the term "wall hanging".

Originally Posted by vicki reno
Maybe you could try printing on fabric? I saw a quilt that had a figure printed on fabric in the door of a house and it looked great. Would that be an option perhaps? I can't fault your methods of dealing with frustration--You hit that right on the money--isn't chocolate a great cure all! Wish it would have an effect on high blood pressure. Boy would I be healthy then!!
Good luck on your design process. You have a very creative mind. I am good at following patterns, but very seldom branch out on my own. Can't wait to see it, cause I know you are clever enough to work this through and come up with something.
Ah, chocolate: life's little therepist. ...suddenly I got this weird thought of a White Mage from Final Fantasy constructed out of chocolate. Well, chocolate is a cure all and white mages have healing spells......anyways.

You mean like printing with a printer? Well, I don't have a printer that actually works. And if I understand correctly, I would need special fabric for it and I couldn't just print it onto whatever fabric I got. Like I couldn't take the fabric in the background color I want and print out the islands onto it. I'm thinking it would make it any cheaper if I have to use specially treated fabric for 49 blocks and a border to print out designs onto them. At least with the screen printing I can print on any fabric I want.

Originally Posted by bj
Just keep on keepin' on, V. You'll work through it. Just make sure you keep plenty of chocolate on hand. Do you have Kinko's there? They might could help you out with printing you colorless map pattern. You might ask them if they could print your islands onto the fabric that's made to go through a printer. The kids at our Kinko's here are pretty clever and will try just about anything you ask them to.
Nope, no Kinko's around here. Maybe in La Crosse or Eau Claire, but both are an hour away from here.

Actually, I don't need to print out the map layout. I just needed it to see if my measurements for the map and borders would work out and I think everything looks fine. But she had put them in different colors so I asked her if she could post a colorless version so I could bring it up on Paint and put it in the colors I had in mind and see how that would look. But she posted both of them where you have to download the picture. The first one downloaded okay, but I can't get the colorless one to download. My Internet keeps on wanted to quit about halfway through and it takes me about 20 minutes to download a file like that.