Old 08-12-2014, 05:29 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Thanks all!
You've all confirmed what I was considering, either a neutral, like a tan...Or going with black. I honestly didn't consider a brown...Hmmm..

I worry if I don't sash them then they'll all run together...

And Ellie, thanks for the ideas pertaining to cancer survival. Actually color awareness for lung cancer is white/pearl. I am going to finish one of the remaining blocks with items celebrating her remission, embroider the words courage and hope..add in charms that represent lung cancer awareness, etc...

Great idea, ragamuffin! I planned to lay different fabrics out with the blocks, taking pics to compare is a super idea!

Since its narrowed down to tan, Brown, or black, now I need to decide from those... I have considered a Fairy Frost fabric, as well.

My best "quilt guild sis" finished hers with Fairy Frost black, it's beautiful! But her blocks have more black in them than mine do. After she sashed them, several of us met at her house and we all helped her tie it. Only took a couple of hours with 6 of us working on it.

I guess I should've thought this thru better, and decorated/chose block colors with sashing color in mind...But being a "newbie" and considering it IS a crazy quilt, I guess my being crazy is ok...lol..

Thanks again all,
K
All the older crazy quilts I've seen did run together------and IMO, that is the beauty of a crazy quilt