View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 05:35 AM
EmiliasNana

When I spray baste I use painters tape to tape the backing to our ping pong table. I don't stretch it but make sure it is taut enough so that when I run my hand across it, it doesn't bubble. Then I smooth my batting on top without spraying anything. Using a board that is slightly wider than my quilt, I start at the narrowest edge, and roll up the batting half way, flipping the board and wrapping the batting around it as I go. Then I spray.........either the batting as I unroll, or the backing fabric. Unroll the batting and repeat on the other side. I never get any wrinkles or bubbles. Next, position the top on the batting in the position desired. Repeat, only this time roll the top onto the board and spray the batting. Everything stays straight and wrinkle free. Works for me. Once I am done, I release the painters tape and using straight pins, pin all around the edge of the top, through all three layers. When I get back to my sewing machine I baste around the entire edge with my walking foot to hold the three layers together while I FMQ. Sometimes I press all three layers together, sometimes not, before I begin. Good luck and hope this helps.