Thread: Christmas gift
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 08:21 AM
Marcia_PA

Default Christmas gift

While shopping at a flea market, a friend expressed interest in a clothespin bag but didn't buy it. I found a pattern for one here http://madewithlovebyhannah.com/WordPress/?p=136 and had some polyester fabric I didn't want, so this is the result.

I changed the pattern a little bit and used fabric/things that I had, and some things I did didn't work out too well. I lined the fabric (cut out two pieces of each pattern piece) and did French seams. I should have clipped the curves before finishing the last seam and maybe I wouldn't have the puckering around the curves. Also, I added the binding to the neckline before sewing together. I had to re-do the neck binding in the back because there was too much bulk when sewing it all together.

IF I ever make another one (I don't know too many people who still hang out their clothes), I think I would enlarge the pattern a little bit so that it fit a regular sized wooden hanger. The hanger for this pattern needs to be 13.5 inches across and a regular wooden hanger is about 16 inches.
Attached Thumbnails clothespin-bag.jpg