Old 08-12-2014, 06:15 PM
dublb

Hey Ya'll I went ta San Antonio! What a wonderful time I had! My DM & I left on Thurs & drove ta my DF's house in San Antonio. We spent the night & talked long inta the night. I got up early on Fri AM 7 went ta the airport ta pick up my DD. We all had a great time that day talkin' & laughin'. DM did decide ta git a hotel room for that night. (I think my talkin' so much kept her up, even though she swore it didn't.) That evenin' we ate on the river walk & went ta the Loretta Lynn concert. What a delight that was! (I think my DD is more o' a Loretta Lynn fan that either my DM or I am!) I bought an autographed set o' CD's w/over 50 songs on it. What I didn't know was that my DM brought a new pair o' shoes for this trip. Not a good idea! She has blisters on the top o' her feet! It slowed her way down for all the walkin' we had ta do. The next day DD & I picked up my DM from the hotel & met DD's DMIL & both o' DD's kids. We took a bus tour & saw a ton o' stuff that day! It was so nice! If ya like history I highly recommend the Grand Tour. For $50 ya git ta see an awful lot o' places & git a bunch o' information about 'em. Most important is ya git ta git inta an air conditioned bus in between each stop! I also think it payed for itself as the tickets, gas, & parkin' would have cost us much more. That night the 6 o' us stayed in a hotel suite as my DF really wasn't prepared ta entertain children & another adult. We ate on the river walk. DD & I went shoppin' close ta the mall while DD's DMIL, my DM & the kids went back ta the hotel room. We were surprised that the kids decided on their own ta go ta sleep before we got back. We were gonna have a midnight swim. (One o' the things we shopped for was a swimmin' suit for me.) Well the next mornin' we went swimmin' then checked out o' the hotel. That afternoon we went ta the zoo & rode the li'le train around the park. After the hot zoo that train ride was like air conditoinin'. After that DD & the rest headed back ta Houston while DM & I went ta Brady. We went through Fredricksburg but got there about all the shops closed up. We did find a really nice place ta eat. The house in Brady was such a nice quiet respite after the busy weekend. We came home yesterday.

Last edited by dublb; 08-12-2014 at 06:17 PM. Reason: spellin'