Old 08-12-2014, 07:59 PM
quilt938

I"ve done this one - it's at the longarm quilter's now (after resting in ufo-land for several years). I don't remember making the individual blocks but seems like there are squares sewn onto rectangles and flipped and sewn together - alternating with bigger blocks - then you sew the rows vertically and when you sew the vertical rows they don't meet at the same corners. I did have to trim a smidge off a couple of rows once joined to make it even but it's so scrappy no big deal. I used coordinating fabrics and fussy cut the bigger squares but plan to do this one again one of these days with scraps

http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/p-7...t-pattern.aspx it's called bits n pieces

I also searched online several years ago and did a lap size lasagna quilt - I think I cut 3 1/2 inch strips and sewed different lengths together and cut off and kept on til I had the length I wanted them went around the sides about 3 times and quilted. I think it's pretty cool and nothing had to match up - it actually looks similar to the jelly roll race quilt but I didnt' sew it that way - had shorter sections.

thanks for the ideas- gonna look these up for those times I just don't wanna match seams!

Last edited by quilt938; 08-12-2014 at 08:09 PM.