View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 07:18 AM
Havplenty

Ooh it looked like I have missed a few things. To those who have lost fur babies, I feel your pain and my thoughts are with you. I have lost furbabies too and I still feel the pain of their loss. I think that is why I have since rescued 4 stray kitties so far (3 live with me) and I feed many other strays.

To the group going through health recovery or issues, be well, stay stress less and you are in my thoughts.

Here is my late this Tuesday (or early next Tuesday) tip and I am not sure if this has been mentioned but I use the mini hair twists as bobbin thread holders and I use them on thread also as I usually remove those little groove hooks in the thread cone. You can buy a 300 count pack of hair twist from Dollar General for less than $2.00.

As an FYI Dollar General will soon be purchased by Dollar Tree. Consolidation of the dollar stores. Who knew?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]487459[/ATTACH]

P.S. I am chin deep in fabric strips/scraps working on string blocks (80 target), Legos quilt blocks, X-String blocks and postage stamp blocks. My 1/4" sewing foot is not a scant 1/4" foot and I cannot find smaller foot so I can mark my own scant 1/4". Ugghhh.

Oh I am also making scrappy trip blocks for 2 different swaps, one here on QB and another from an online blog. So it will be most important to get the seam allowances correct for a 12.5" block. OOOh new tip: what I have done is to cut my 2.5" strips a scant over the 2.5" mark to make up for shortcomings in my presser foot. I used my ruler to mark off 2.5" on my fabric and then just move the 2.5" mark on my ruler over just a smidgen. It has been working just fine.

Overall I gotta find my other 1/4" mark presser foot.
Attached Thumbnails bobbin-holders.jpg  

Last edited by Havplenty; 08-13-2014 at 07:28 AM.