Old 08-13-2014, 08:45 AM
ElizabethT

Default Old quilt: identification and restoration input appreciated

Dear Quilters: I'm sorry to intrude upon your forum but I wonder if you have any input for me. I was cleaning closets at my fathers home and we found an old quilt--I have no information on it aside from a note that said it came from my grt grandmothers family and has been in the family a long time (she lived 1875-1920 but I don't know if this was hers, her parents, etc). It is unlike the many quilts that I have from the other side of my family in terms of colour, fabric, pattern. This family would have lived in the Philadelphia area but I have no date of reference.

Attached are three photos, which I've sized down quite a bit and hope appear okay, and I wonder if you can help with approximate age / pattern, and considerations I should give to restoration. I'd like to find someone to repair the damage but I'm not sure where to start or if it's worth it as I'm not sure if this type of quilt should / could be displayed without further damage to it. I've asked a few friends of friends who might be familiar with quilting but thought I'd ask the experts here.

Many thanks from Columbus Ohio.
Attached Thumbnails img_20140813_110335_367.jpg   img_20140813_110415_623.jpg   img_20140813_110428_895.jpg