Thread: Squirrels!!
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 09:50 AM
quilt1950

Our neighbor feeds the wildlife nuts, bread, pancakes, birdseed and who knows what else several times a day. We can count 14-15 squirrels in our backyard at one time. We have squirrel trails in our backyard going from tree to tree. We do have our garden fenced in to keep the deer out, but I know the squirrels can get in. But - so far they are leaving the tomatoes alone. Perhaps they get enough to eat next door. We did finally cut down our peach trees, because the squirrels would eat them a few days before they were ripe enough to pick. One day we would have beautiful peaches, the next the tree would be bare.

We have to watch our house carefully, because the squirrels like to eat the siding. I guess that's how they keep their teeth from getting too long, and if they can get in, they will nest in the attics.

We don't see many squirrels when the children on the other side of us are out playing. I'm tempted to set a radio on a windowsill and blast it outside, hoping the squirrels will think someone is outside.

Sorry to turn your post into my vent! I DO NOT like squirrels.