View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 04:14 PM
KalamaQuilts

Hey, everyone has tried Steamers frozen vegetables, right? They are SOO good. I just ate 3/4 of a bag, a large soup bowl serving. Broc and Cauli topped with spritzs of I Can't Believe Its Butter.

We are getting fresh string beans from the garden now, steamed about 20 minutes and again topped with ICBIB.
As I said in eariler months, because my mom takes a lot of time and all my brainpower, I've been paper piecing.
First I did 4.5" strings. Just strings...no brainpower required. Well they were pretty cute so I got a foundation factory wonky download and made tons of 2.5" geese. Pretty darn cute.
So I tried some wonky stars...way too complicated right now.
So I tried a 4.5" wonky house. Too cute. If I life to tell the tale I think I have the bones of a really cute quilt.
This is all shirt fabric from the ladies here on the board. When I get a few more houses finished I take a photo of what I've got.
I'm saving paper pulling for whenever bonnie hunter has her next quilt cam.

Steamed veggies...yum!
The first house we bought had a big garden. We moved in in late September so nothing was left but these ferny things. We tilled them under...an asparagus bed. that was 30 years ago and I'm still kicking myself