View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 05:03 AM
Mamaskeeto

Florissant is a neighboring community to Ferguson. Where the rioting erupted was a distance from us but it has moved closer. The news really doing an injustice to the many police officers that are trying to control the crowds. I saw one piece on Facebook say that armed officers in riot gear are pointing guns at people with their hands raised. What they failed to report is these individuals have been asked to move along and go home. The so called catch phrase is the rioters raise their arms and say don't shoot as they approach the officers and try to provoke them. The worst part is the people rioting don't even live in Ferguson they are coming from the inner city. My quilt guild meets at a church in Fergsuon and today we will decide if we are canceling our meeting next or not. It's really sad how this community is being torn apart. Thanks for thinking of me. - - Kathy

Originally Posted by benndm View Post
Mamaskeeto. I see you are from Florissant MO. I hope you are a save distance from the riots in Ferguson. Sounds like there are a lot of people who are not making smart decisions. Stay safe.