View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 08:37 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

My father's second oldest sister was institutionalized a couple times after she was married and had her 2 children. They put her through so many treatments; twice the one's where they jolt your body with electricity to shock it out of you. She was totally abused throughout her life. She left her husband and brought her daughter with her to live and help take care of my father's parents. She could do nothing right. She worked full time and took care of her daughter and my grandparents and my uncle and his son lived with my grandparents also. She took a lot of abuse from everyone. When my other aunts and uncles came over they were very critical about how things were. Food was not good enough, laundry wasn't done right, just she did nothing right according to everyone else. Her saving grace was her faith and her job. She was in walking distance of her job and her church was just right across thestreet fromher job. She went to church on her lunch hour to take communion during the different seasons. She was a launderer at a hospital. That was a lot of heavy work, the laundry could not touch the floors. Anyway, she did all that and came home and did the same thing all over again. I saw how hard she worked by staying over night a couple times. She turned the basement into an apartment. I told my dad and mom everything I saw and how she was treated and how my uncle and his son treated her and my cousin. After that let me tell you things changed. My father went ballistic and started telling everyone they were going to help or keep their mouths shut. We started having them spend the weekends with us and going up to the lake. She still went through Hades throughout the years. Her son thought she gave up on him. He joined the navy when he was 16 and then blamed her for everything. Her husband had so many affairs in front of her it was pathetic with the old bitty across the street. Didn't mean to ramble but she told me she was thankful for the few nights I spent because no one would listen to her but for once they listened to a 9 year old who got to spend some quality time with a special aunt. She was also a very talented needle worker, knitting, crochet, and quilting. She did everything by hand and my mother was thrilled with some of the doilies she made for my mother. She had many bouts of depression. My father talked to her priest once to try to get her some help. The priest said to get her out of the hole she was living in and she would get better. My father help my cousin with a deposit on an apartment and moved them both into it. She later ended up in a health center where she could leave overnight but had to be back the next day. When I got off work on a Saturday in the summer, I would pick her up in my Chevette then go to McD's and eat our meal during the hour long drive to the lake. She passed away a couple years after being in the center but she said she had her best years there. She had rules but was never told she wasn't good enough. She had her crafts and taught them to some of the employees. She had severe depression because of all the abuse she went through, emotional and a lot of verbal. She was a diabetic and my mother saw to it she didn't have to worry about her diet. We all went on diabetic diets when Aunt Catherine came to visit! Didn't hurt a bit. Had one aunt (her sister) that I asked my dad if she was possessed by demons. That one chased her husband down the street with a butcher knife. Now she was definitely had a problem. I just feel if you could just look at their past and see how and why they've come to the level of severe depression, I'm sure came from their child hood. Some one has said something that stuck in their psyche like just the right amount of epoxy glue that just can't come lose.