View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 09:36 PM
Rodney

I'm having tension problems.
The upper tension was all wrong and missing the cone shaped coil spring and the check spring was mangled. I robbed the other machine, cleaned everything as thoroughly as I could and put those parts in.
The machine stitches (Yay! no timing issues!)but the top thread is too tight. It's basically a straight line and is pulling enough to curl the test fabric.
So far I've checked the manual to make sure it was threaded correctly, reassembled the top tension a couple more times, tightened the shuttle tension as far as I could and have used two different threads on both the bobbin and top thread. The nut for the tension is backed almost all the way out.
I've also taken the cover plate off the end. I don't see anything to release the tension when the presser foot is up.
I think I'm missing something. I know some Singer tensions have a pin to release the pressure on the tension disks. It's very possible that I just don't see it. Does the 27 have that same setup?
Any help would be appreciated, I'll tackle it again in the morning. I'm very close to a working machine again.
Thanks,
Rodney