View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 07:22 AM
damaquilts

I am glad to see so much support for people with mental illness here. I am another who is bi-polar. I took meds for a while with good results then I started to have horrible side effects. I got violent. Made it very hard to find one that worked . I am at this point off meds. And doing reasonably well with meditation, and energy work . I still have my bad days but I have homeopathics I can take to soften it.
I have to say I do love my manic phases , I get so much done and I am in such a great mood. But I know they don't last. One thing that also needs to be realized is it isn't just vets that suffer from PTSD. I do also. I had a major episode a few months back because of my living situation . It was bad enough to send me back to the doctor. I hadn't been in years. I am now in a place that is peaceful , calm and quiet. Just what I needed to function well. I spent my entire life trying to fit into others idea of what I should be like and now I can just be me. I figure at 62 its about time.
To all who suffer with these things. Keep looking until you find your peace.
To all that give support and understanding. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. There is very little out there.