View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 12:47 PM
krafty14

Originally Posted by pattypurple View Post
Ann, that is the one. My question is that the pattern states to cut the length 8" shorter than desired finished piece. It doesn't make sense or work out. I've emailed the pattern company, but haven't heard back.
I know some ladies in my quilt club have made it, so will ask them at next week's meeting before I cut the last of my fabric.
When you put the short ends together, you get a V on each end. When you add the triangles (2 to each end) they stick out 4" more than the longest part of the original strips, thereby adding the 8" back. These 4 triangles are cut out with the perimeter stripe on the bottom (I call them "ups"). The triangles in between the cuts are reversed (I call them "downs").
If you can get this to work, you can make another one with the stripes reversed and use the "waste" triangles (the "downs") you cut when you got the 4 triangles for the first one.
I am making something with UPS and DOWNS, but put them together to hopefully explain.
You can see when the triangles are added to each end it gets longer. Hope this helps. Ann
Attached Thumbnails table-runner-triangles.jpg