Old 08-16-2014, 06:48 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

I agree with JanRN and JeanieG; I take my checkbook to pay for the quilting which needs to be three to four inches apart according to the batting used....and I do not want it to destroy the quilt piecing, just enhance what the piecing design is...not take center stage. It can be free hand or a 'pattern' like the neighbor across the street does for me.

No, I am not putting the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt or the Pony Club on a bed...they are for display on the wall; so will the 3-D Grandmother's Flower Garden. At least in my lifetime. That is my idea of 'art' form.

Oksewglad, so sorry the four year old took a tumble. Seems like its their way of learning things, but hard on us older folk to watch them suffer. No doubt his sisters can entertain him and 'help' him.

It is raining a nice slow rain here...all night and continues today. Perfect for the ducks. And it cuts the water bill down, which was more than the electric bill last month. Still waiting for the first ripe tomato...beetmaster is loaded but not turning red yet. Everyone have a grand day...I might even get to the quilt room!