View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 09:11 PM
barbarakibler23

Our camping trip.....

So we get home (exhausted) and really grouchy (me) from the family reunion and in 2 days I have to go camping. (now I love to camp...but notice the word ..."have to") I am the brainiack that planned this! I was on vacation and I am gonna do all that I can!!! So Wednesday morning we pack up the camper (I'm looking for rain so we don't have to go) and we head out. We have a free pass to camp about an hour from our house for 2 nights. We went in January to a seminar for a time share type thing. We did not buy it so they thought maybe if we let them come for free they will. Well this place was huge! I think it was at least a square mile. It had a lot to do but it was mostly for families. We decided that we made the right decision to "not buy" the membership. (except when we were sitting in the hot tub!) then after 2 days we went a little farther north to another campground. This was a very pleasant surprise it was nice, clean, quietly peaceful! So we ended up having a really nice time and we met some really nice people. I forgot to mention this was the first time EVER that my husband and I camped just the 2 of us (3 we brought Sophie the dog), and I am happy to say we are still married!
Ohhhh and I even got my husband to take me to 2 quilt shops for the "row by row experience" I love both of the patterns I got (one sold out of the kit but I did get the other kit). so more for my to-do-pile!

oh and nobody threw up, pooped on the floor, no one got lost, we did take a nap, no one walked in tie die paint or was buried in sand. No cried but we both laughed!

Barb