View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 04:37 PM
madamekelly

Default My first QAG! Wow, that was fast!

It usually takes me nine months to a year to make a full size (full, Queen, King). This one took me a total of ten days, beginning to end! So much faster! I spent days watching you tube videos to learn how to do QAG, how to connect the blocks, (who knew there were so many ways?) and how to secure the rows. I took a hint from MSQC a and did the stitch and flip for the individual blocks, found a wonderful video that showed how to connect the blocks, and learned the value of glue basting for putting the rows together. The only guideline I was given was "Make me a blue one?". It is made from any and all blue 3" strips from my stash. The backing was something I think they call 'shot-fabric' it had blue weft threads, and white warp threads, kind of heathery looking actually. I learned a lot from this, and even found a way to put it together that made an optical illusion of a heart on the front. Since it is 66"x77" I also made a matching pillow. The model in the first picture is DH, recovering from hernia surgery, but that is the only photo that got a good shot of the matching pillow. I forgot to take pictures before I had it wrapped for delivery, so it looks a little rumpled, but $275 looks real good in my wallet.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg