Old 08-19-2014, 02:13 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

JanRN, glad your dh grass seed is growing; the crops here are looking great with all the rain that came down gently and so slow. Good luck entering the quilt show and the ribbon that you will win.

Yes, I canned two different batches of peaches and they look great.. Our tomatoes are coming on very slow, so I bought some forty pounds for $20.00 at the green house today...and came home to pick another five pounds here. So tomorrow morning will be canning tomato juice. Thursday will be our butcher day of doing three ducks, Friday a repeat to do three more, and Monday will be some old hens. Brown ducks cannot fit into the hen house this winter, so we are thinning down the fowl so they all fit into the small building together this winter and to get their beaks out the feed can. Too costly to maintain too many birds. Might replace some with young chicks or ducks or guineas in the spring.

Too many wonderful projects to choose from in the quilt room...I want to get the I SPY out of the way to finish Mama and her kitten wall hangings and to do the border for Pony Club Quilt, and fix the borders on the two almost finished tops, then turn back on the 50 stars, Sylvia, and DJ and TW....or do a few stars....back to kitchen work first to finish to get inside the QR...no rest for the wicked one here...such is the life for one retired....well, tired is true.