View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 04:57 AM
Barb in Louisiana

I love all the stars. The ones with dark backgrounds, the light backgrounds, the mixed ones. I am trying to plan for next year and thought seeing everyone's beautiful blocks would help me decide which way to go. But, although I OOH and AAH at each new block, I am more confused than ever!!! And, it's not like I don't have a stash. I have so much to pull from.

Just wondering....how many different fabrics did you consider that you needed to make these masterpieces?

And, has anyone figured out a setting to use all 50 blocks on the front of the quilt? I have the Carol Doak, Mariners Compass, Vol 1, so can add any size center to make everything go together, but can't seem to get a plan in my mind. Until I can understand where I am going, I can't even make a start. DUH!!! I guess this is why I buy patterns that a "designer" produces. So many questions that have to be answered before I even start this project.

Also, I have EQ7, but don't know how to put together different size blocks to make a quilt. I guess it's time to pull my manual out and start reading the "Designing a Quilt" section.

Thanks for all the "eye candy."

And as I was writing this, a new idea popped into my mind. I am wondering if an embroidered center of the map of the USA would be something that would bring the whole project together. Now, I wonder where I would find that??? Too many questions for this early in the morning!

I hope everyone has a great day, whether they get to do any quilting or not.

Edited to add: Would you mind sharing what size blocks you are making? I have the Carol Doak 50 fab stars and can make them any size.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 08-20-2014 at 04:59 AM.