View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 07:28 AM
gramma nancy

I have been in and out of WW for decades. In 2004, I got serious about it and lost 42 pounds in less than 6 months. Have slowly gained some of it back, but have rejoined and have lost 7 pounds in less than 2 weeks (I know you always lose a bunch of water weight at the outset.) I have always followed the program, writing down everything I ate and weighing or measuring all my food.

This time, I am trying the "quick start" program that lets you eat anything from a long list -- mostly vegetables, fruits, lean protein and whole grains. It is simple and easy. I have never cared for chocolate, ice cream or peanut butter -- the banes of many a diet, but I was very bad around cookies. Now I find I don't miss them, I am fully satisfied and can button my favorite shorts after just a couple of weeks.

When you think about it, this program eliminates refined sugar and white flour, but if you told me not to eat those things, I would feel deprived. Instead, I'm being told what I can eat and it's working.

I agree with the doctor's comment about too much fruit. I limit myself to three a day and it is no problem.

Good luck!