Old 12-30-2009, 04:53 AM
Edie

My most thoughtful gift, I think, was the handmade container my daughter in law made out of fat quarters and then filled it with 22 more fat quarters. The other most thoughtful gift was the coat my husband gave me. I am frugal, a tightwad, can make the buffalo -- you know the rest -- and just have worn my jacket for lo these many years. He took me to Macy's and picked out the most beautiful soft, comfortable wool coat I have ever had. Actually, when you come right down to it, as I sit by the tree here, each and every gift was the most thoughtful gift I received. Each person picked the gift out for me. ME!!!!!! How more thoughtful could that be? I have my family, my Mother (93) (she still drives, cooks, quilts) and my health. I don't want for anything, I don't need anything, I don't ask for much and so each gift is thoughtful because they don't know what the heck to get me and it does necessitate a lot of thinking and from that comes the thoughtful! I may sound a little flip, but I love my family and my friends and just to know they are there is the most thoughtful gift that anyone can receive. Edie