View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 04:42 AM
Barb in Louisiana

I like my coffee strong, but not bitter or burnt. My coffee of choice, is CDM (Café Du Monde) Coffee & Chicory Automatic drip. This is a Between Roast coffee with ground chicory in it. I drink 2 mugs a day, which shows 3.5 cups on the coffee maker for one of the mugs. It takes me one heaping scoop of coffee to make this big mug or I can put 3 level scoops (each one is 1/8th cup) for a 12 cup pot. I make a dark, non-see thru coffee which has a slightly sweet taste coming from the chicory. One great thing about the chicory is that it has no caffeine in it. The chlorine in the water does affect the taste, so we use filtered water to make all our coffee.

Oh yes.... I do add sugar & cream to my coffee. This makes it kind of like a hot coffee flavored cappuccino. Unfortunately, I have only seen the CDM coffee available for sale in Louisiana and Texas. The coffee is not for the faint of heart. This website will ship, but only buy it if you have tried it. It's way too strong for most people. http://www.reilyproducts.com/site.php

Another side note, I have A-Fib, and this coffee doesn't make my heart flutter and a lot of the others do.

I have had some of the Dunkin donut coffee made in a Keurig. It was okay, but not for me every day, unless they quit making my CDM.

By the way, there is a famous outdoor restaurant in New Orleans, Café du Monde that serves my style coffee and you can get beignets to go with it. If you are ever in NO, please try it out. It's a treat to go down and enjoy.