View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Koriana

Okay, so it looks like I have 3 works in progress among my scrappy quilts...1) One of my earliest attempts at quilting...a log cabin arranged in the star pattern, scraps sorted simply as darks & lights. I set this one aside because I was unhappy with having to piece the yellow border strips. 2) A scrappy US flag inspired by a pattern in the Keepsake Quilting catalog years ago. This quilt was my first attempt at hand quilting and is about 80% complete (quilted in the ditch). I also plan to quilt some stars in the blue patch. 3) A baby quilt that I started 3 years ago for a certain child that was expected...I had different plans than my friends...I was simply going to leave the ink drawings and tie the quilt...however, various friends talked me into embroidering the pictures (I only added embroidery in certain places and only on 5 of the 9 blocks)...then they convinced me that I had put too much work into the quilt not to hand quilt it...my mother-in-law even got involved and helped hand quilt the patch work and outlined the main figures...but I still want to quilt in some more details on the drawn blocks. I've included a couple close-up shots of this quilt as well. Now, I need to decide if I'll still give it to this Noah or look for another one . Plus, the couple has 2 more children now.
Attached Thumbnails patriotic-log-cabin-star.jpg   scrappy-us-flag-wall-hanging.jpg   noah-baby-quilt-wip.jpg   noah-block-close-up.jpg   noah-baby-quilt-close-up.jpg