View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 10:06 PM
Koriana

Though I believe that my list of UFO's outnumbers my list of finished projects, I have completed a few quilts that fall into the scrappy category including my scrappiest quilt ever...my millennial charm quilt which I gave to my daughter (1). This quilt clearly shows my control issues. My mother-in-law made the most beautiful millennial charm quilt with black sashing that looked like stained glass by randomly placing her squares together...while I played on my design wall for weeks. (Of course, the two of us had great fun collecting 2000 different pieces of fabric which we cut into 2-1/2" and 2" squares. Then we had the whole family (10 people), go through the material laid out by color on tables in her 3-bay garage to ensure that we had no duplicates). 2) This is the first quilt that I ever finished (tied), I call it "Frog Jump" and I designed the block myself out of squares, rectangles and HST. I gave it to my nephew when he was about 5 and now he's in college. 3) This is a baby quilt that I made for a friend when she was expecting her third child. I had this animal fabric in my stash that looked like a child had scribbled the animal in crayon which I fussy cut...the colors and scribbled lines inspired me to go wild...bright colors, and angled lines, in a sort of crazy quilt or string quilt fashion (but with no foundation), I then added fancy machine stitching in all sorts of colors along many of the seams. It was the wildest thing I'd ever done and it was both scary and fun. I'd like to do it again sometime. I don't have a close-up of the quilt but I still have some of the animal fabric so I included a picture of it as well. (4) Lil' Monkey Face, was also constructed in a scrappy style though much of the fabric was purchased specifically for this project. I've included a in progress picture here to highlight the scrappy style, the completed quilt can be found on the avatar quilt thread at http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t72553-34.html
Attached Thumbnails millenial-charm.jpg   frog-jump.jpg   wild-animals.jpg   gabriels-animal-fabric.jpg   lil-monkey-face-scrap-construction.jpg