View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 05:39 AM
susan q

Default Used Baby Lock-should I buy?

I am looking for a new/newer machine and a quilting store by me has a Baby Lock Serenade with a very large extension table for around $800. A little on line research reveals that they no longer make that machine and it may be 3 years old. Unknown. How used is it? Unknown. It has nice bells and whistles such as needle up/down, auto thread cutter, etc--stuff that may be considered standard now. I am currently sewing on a $50 old Singer that hubbie bought for me on good old Ebay, it sews but it's sort of like the "rent-a-wreck" of machines. Temperamental tension, stitch length that moves by itself, sounds like a freight train, etc. This machine DOES come with a supposed "like new" warranty from the quilt store and the opportunity to trade up and receive full credit . Don't want to spend thousands and "Financing Available" is a turn off to me. If I'm financing, I'm driving it...I have a HUGE stash and want to treat myself to a nicer machine. Opinions vary wildly on machine preferences and on line is almost TMI. So what do you think?