Old 08-24-2014, 08:47 AM
DogHouseMom

I think I figured out part of the problem with the yardage. It calculated 33 yards of my background fabric (which is also my sashing and my "negative space" fabric). Clearly 33 yards is the bulk of the 56 total. Well ... that "negative space" in EQ are actually blocks with sashing and cornerstones!! I don't know if I can "delete" the blocks, but if not I can change the color for them to something I don't use (i.e. blue), then calculate the yardage in EQ for JUST the "negative space" and deduct that from the 33 yards. I can then calculate what the "negative space" will be if I piece them in large pieces and ADD that to the EQ yardage for my background color.

With each of those negative space area's being 4" blocks with sashing and corner stones ... and seams for each ... my yardage went through the roof!!!

Right now though I have borders laid out to finally cut to finish my BB. Once they're cut and attached (I need to do the math first and I always do that three times because I suck at math!) then it's off to the LA and I can start my DJ.