View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 02:46 PM
Geri B

Originally Posted by oh munner View Post
I'm not sure there is such a thing as a "high end" Brother. They're sold in lower end box stores like K-mart, Wal-mart, places like that and most of the internal parts are plastic. Baby Locks are excellent machines..... that's what Eleanor Burns always uses. I would recommend a Baby Lock. There are so many styles and varying price ranges I'm sure you'd be able to find one you like for the amount of cash you have to spend. Also.... I'm not sure a repair man would be able to service a Brother if need be.

A few points I would like to make: There are indeed " high end" Brother machines. Actually both are mfgrd by same company.......and Eleanor Burns uses one now, but has not always used one......most celebrities endorse for monetary reasons.....sports figures comes to mind...... Most of the machines we buy today are made from lots of plastic pieces.....There a Brother dealers who do repairs/maintenance on Brother machines, just as other name brands have dealers.........I have both BL and B and if comparable in price, very little difference in performance.......actually, still prefer my older Viking!!!!!!! We all have our own " favorites".