View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 02:58 PM
jeanne49

My BabyLock dealer sells only that brand but there is a big sewing machine dealer in the Poconos (Pocono Sew and Vac) and they sell all kinds. I don't know if this is true or not but the salesman there told me that BabyLock sewing machines are made by Brother (???) and that the only machines that are 100% made by BabyLock are their sergers, and according to him, are the best around, and their quilting machines, Jewel and Tiara. I have never had anyone else tell me this about the sewing machines but I do know that the Brothers sold at JoAnns and Walmart are not on the level of those sold at a dealer. As for what is better, I can't really say. I love my BabyLock and wouldn't trade it for anything, except another BabyLock. I have a great dealer and they really give great service. You just need to try them out at the stores, if possible, or make sure that you can return them within a reasonable amount of time if youre not happy. My one and only piece of advice is to buy from a reputable dealer, not WalMart or JoAnns. Go with someone who can service your machine on a regular basis.