Thread: NOW I see...
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Dina

Originally Posted by Mdegenhart View Post
I've only been quilting about a year. Have a Janome mc6600P. I kept wondering what the big deal was about quilting a full-sized quilt on it because the two big quilts I've done weren't bad. I must have used Quilters Dream batting on those, because now I'm doing an 80x80 with Warm & White. Geez, what a heavy hard "wrassling" match...I was going to do a lot of quilting on this-I love this top & a member here was kind enough to send me the pattern when I was looking for it. Stitch in the ditch is all this baby is gonna get now. Wow
Which Quilter's Dream batting did you use? I have always used Warm and White and am interested in something lighter. Was it cotton, polyester, something else? I just googled and there are many different types. I like being able to not have to quilt closer than 8 inches...but sure would like something not quite as heavy.

Your quilt is beautiful! You might find supporting your quilt with your ironing board to your left, perpendicular to your sewing table/desk could help with quilting the larger quilts. I just sit mine next to me, moving it down to the height of my desk.

Dina