View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 07:03 AM
jude by the sea

To Jan : I just want to say that you are one of my heroes on this site! I always read what you write! You always have a great way of looking at life, quilting, injuries/sickness and life in general! You share so much and I really appreciate it as so many of the readers do! You amaze me with you knowledge and talents! I wished I lived in your area and had you as a personal friend; but this board has provided me a link to you and I love that and am thankful for that! Thank you so much for all of your input. You are lucky to live in that cute cottage too!
It has been interesting reading this thread and see what other people do for weight loss. I found by not eating sugar, giving up white bread, eating healthy (which for me is eating fats wisely) really really has helped! My blood sugar is now normal, my blood pressure is now great and I have lost about 40 pounds in the last three years! I know the weight is coming off slow but it is working and worth it as I feel pretty good at 64! I had foot surgery last year which resulted in osteomyelitis and began taking a probiotic which may be helping me also! Plus take B-12 daily for pernicious anemia! Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey!