Old 08-25-2014, 09:07 AM
Prissnboot

Default At least I have plenty of packing material!

I'm moving in four days, and for once I haven't fussed a bit about how much fabric I have, because I haven't had to purchase a single bit of cushioning...between using liquor boxes with the inserts still inside them, and using my fabric still wrapped on the cardboards, I'm good as gold! The fat quarters are good for wrapping knick knacks and unboxed items that go loose into a box, and the best part is I'm almost done! One more trip to the liquor store for boxes and I should have enough to finish the job. I'd rather throw out some empty boxes rather than be short.

I've hired a moving company to schlep my stuff down the three flights of stairs and then into the ground floor apartment where I'm moving. I had a friend over and I mentioned I would have to procure more boxes. His response? I should have the movers move what's already packed, then I should empty the boxes and bring them back to the old 3rd floor apartment and pack what's left.

IS HE NUTS??? That's kind of the whole purpose of hiring people to do the schlepping in the first place! File that idea under things to make you shake your head on the way to the liquor store ... to pick up more boxes ... or whatever!