View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 09:18 AM
mpspeedy2

I belong to such a group that meets every other Wednesday at a local Bernina Dealer/quilt shop. We each bring our own lunch. We each pay $5 to the shop for the use of the room from 10:am till 2:00 pm. We use their cutting tables, fancy irons and electricity. They even provide us with a closet to store our stuff. As I am a survivor of a rare auto immune disease that effects my strength and stamina levels I was only taking handwork the first couple of times I attended. Last week I bundled up my smaller, lighter sewing machine and took it. It was a little much for me. I asked the shop owner if I could rent a machine from him for the day. I can do that for an additional $10. It dawned on me that perhaps I could store my sewing machine in the closet allotted to the group instead of renting one each time. I will ask about that on my next visit. In the past I belonged to two different Quilt Guilds. Both of them have at least 100 members. I am enjoying the much smaller group and we actually get something done rather than just conversation and show and tell. It is also great that they have fabric, thread and all kinds of sewing useful gadgets etc. available if we forgot ours or run out.