View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 12:17 PM
hautewife

Thank you all for your words of wisdom. I'm preparing myself for lots of trial and error. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist so bear with me as I attempt to making the learning process ans stressless as possible. After all, I am picking up this hobby for therapeutic reasons, lol.

The consensus seems to be I'll learn to recognize quality fabrics by their feel. Before I know it, I'll probably be something of a fabric snob, lol.

I'm going to work with what I already purchased from Hobby Lobby to practice my techniques. Looking at them now, I think I got a variety of qualities. I think that might be a good thing because it will allow me to evaluate how each of them holds up.

I like the idea of supporting local shops. I get off at 4:30pm so I may be able to catch a few shops during the week if traffic cooperates. I actually may be able to catch Quilter's Emporium during a lunch break. Otherwise, I will be limited to weekends.

I've registered with Fabshophop. It sounds like fun. I also will check out the local Quilting Guilds and Houston International Quilt Festival.

Thank you all again for your responses!