Old 08-25-2014, 02:34 PM
quiltingcandy

My daughter finished her Master's program and a friend needed an extra roommate so the decided to move. She was trying to hire someone to help because it is just so much easier and faster. But her new roommate found out, said he would grab one of his friends and they would help her move. (It was really just a bedroom set, clothes, tv, stereo and a various personal items.) It saved her a couple hundred dollars.

My sister-in-law wants to move she wants to do the rental vehicle and have people help her for free. I told her that was fine when everyone is in their 20's-30's but we are now in our 60's, neither my husband nor I can lift what we used to, and my daughters are up to doing much of that either. She is also one of those people that stand over you and tell you to be careful all the time. She is no obnoxious about it, no one wants to help her, she kind of used up her favors with moving years ago. So I told her if she can't afford to hire movers she can't afford to move. Not a very popular position, but sometime she has to face reality.